- Same‑day repairs on all brands
- Convenient: 2‑hour scheduling windows
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
On this page
Expert AC Repairs for Lasting Comfort and Peace of Mind
There's nothing worse than a broken down AC in the middle of Tucson's blazing hot summers. That's why Advantage Air Mechanical is proud to offer fast response times and quick, same-day AC repairs. Whether your AC is blowing hot air, won't turn on, or keeps producing a strange sound or smell, rest assured our team of NATE-certified techs has the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and resolve any problem, and for an honest price with no "surprise" future bills. We don't pay our techs on commission, which means you can trust our recommendations are always in your best interest. So, for service that puts you first, call Advantage Air Mechanical today. We offer 24/7 emergency support throughout Tucson and surrounding areas, and back up every job with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
What does an AC repair cost in Tucson, AZ?
- Low $90
- Our Average $230
- High $800+
Why do some AC repairs cost more than others?
- Severity of Repair: Smaller AC repairs, such as a clogged air filter replacement or condensate drain line cleaning, can be fixed quickly and for a relatively low cost. However, complex issues like compressor failures, refrigerant leaks, or electrical malfunctions tend to come with higher repair costs. This is due to increased time, labor, and/or replacement parts.
- Warranty Status: If your AC unit or specific components are still under warranty, your AC repair costs will probably be lower, if not covered entirely by the manufacturer or original installer. In this case, you may only have to pay the service call fee. However, if your warranties have expired or the specific part/repair isn't covered, expect to pay for repairs out-of-pocket. Typically, labor warranties are valid for 1 year, while major components are covered by the manufacturer for 5-10 years on average.
- If You Need a Replacement: If your AC is more than 15 years old or is beyond repair, you may be better off with a system replacement. While this comes at a higher cost than repairs, you'll enjoy improved comfort, peace of mind, and energy savings, both immediate and long-term.
Repair vs. Replace
Is it time for a new air conditioner?
Trying to decide whether to repair or replace your AC can be an overwhelming decision. Especially when it comes to cost–how do you know whether a replacement is worth it?
Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we've always taken the time to review our customers' needs on a case-by-case basis, in order to provide the best recommendations for specific needs and budgets. That said, we generally advise Tucson homeowners and businesses to replace their AC system if:
- Your AC is 10-15+ years old
- You're constantly dealing with breakdowns
- Your AC keeps needing costly repairs
- Your AC's warranties have expired
- Your energy bills are rising
- Your home or business doesn't reach your desired temperature
Repair vs. Replace Pricing
|Repair:||$90 to $800+|
|Install:||Starting at $6,319|
Your AC repair in 4 easy steps:
Meet your repair technician
Your technician will call you when they're 15 minutes out, so you'll know exactly when they'll arrive at your home. After a friendly greeting at your door, your tech will put on shoe covers to keep your home and floors clean. Then, they'll get straight to work diagnosing your AC problem.
Relax while we get to work
Our NATE-certified technicians have seen it all. Rest assured we'll get to the bottom of your AC repair issue in no time. And when we have, we'll share our honest findings, including upfront pricing on the most efficient and cost-effective AC repair methods. You can ask questions, share your concerns and budget, and have time to review the scope of work involved. If you hire us for the job, we'll waive your diagnostic fee and get right on the repair work. When finished, we'll clean up our workspace, test your AC's functionality, and make sure you're completely satisfied with the work completed.
Fill out our follow-up survey
We've been in business for more than 30 years because we care about our customers. Following your AC repair, we'll send you a brief survey via email, inquiring about our performance. If everything went well, great! We're glad to hear. But if anything could have been improved, let us know and we'll do whatever it takes to make things right!
They are always on time and courteous...
“I have always counted on their team to properly diagnose and fix the issue. And they don’t jump to the conclusion of replacing your AC like some other companies. They are always on time and courteous. Highly recommend as that first call that you will go back to after making the second call to someone else!”—Bryan H. | Tucson homeowner
Serving Tucson and all surrounding communities and neighborhoods:
- Casas Adobes
- Catalina Foothills
- Corona de Tucson
- Dove Mountain
- El Encanto
- Forty Niner Country Club
- Gladden Farms
- Green Valley
- La Cebadilla Estates
- La Paloma
- Mesquite Ranch
- Midvale Park
- Oro Valley
- Rancho Vistoso
- Rita Ranch
- Sam Hughes
- South Tucson
- Tanque Verde Valley
- Three Points
- Tucson Country Club
- Ventana Canyon
- And more!