- Promising honest repair assessments every day
- Providing convenient 2‑hour scheduling windows
- Delivering same‑day repairs on all brands
On this page
Earning Tucson's Trust with Every Heat Pump Repair
Advantage Air Mechanical has been repairing heat pumps in Tucson for over 30 years. During that time, our repairs have gotten shorter, our team has gotten larger and our manufacturer partnerships have cut costs for our customers across the board. Best of all, our techs are not paid on commission. So you get an honest repair price, every time.
How much does a heat pump repair cost in Tucson?
- Low $90
- Our Average $231
- High $811+
What factors affect your heat pump repair price?
Many factors influence the cost of heat pump repairs, including:
- Replacement parts: As your heat pump ages, individual parts within the system fail and need to be replaced. Our goal here at Advantage Air Mechanical is to give you the greatest value for the repair. If that means suggesting a replacement part, then that's what we'll tell you. That honesty is what makes us one of the most longstanding companies in Tucson.
- Refrigerant issues: Trouble with a heat pump's refrigerant is one of the leading causes of repairs. The price of a repair can vary based on the need to replace the refrigerant outright (from the obsolete R-22 to the new R-410A), or the extent of a refrigerant leak in the coils.
- Warranty status: Homeowners can save hundreds of dollars on a repair simply by having an active parts or labor warranty on their heat pump. Your tech always checks the warranty status of your system to make sure you're saving as much money as possible.
Looking for an accurate estimate?
One of our expert heat pump repair techs is standing by to perform a diagnostic on your system. Best of all, we waive the repair diagnostic cost if you repair through us, and you always receive an honest fixed-price quote for the work before we start.Schedule repair
Repair Vs Replace
Is it time for a new heat pump?
A heat pump eventually becomes more expensive to maintain than it does to replace.
You should consider replacing if:
- Your heat pump is 10+ years old. Once a unit reaches this age, the cost of maintaining it can skyrocket.
- Your parts and labor warranties have expired. That means a homeowner is paying the full cost of repairs.
- Your heating/cooling bill goes up every year. Over time, an older heat pump can add hundreds of dollars a year to utility costs.
Compare repair vs replacement pricing
|REPAIR:||$90 to $800+|
|INSTALL:||Starting at: $6,300|
Your heat pump repair works like this:
Schedule an appointment
Meet your repair technician
When your technician is on their way, they'll let you know with a quick courtesy call. Once there, your tech will greet you, introduce himself and step into your home with booties on so that he doesn't cause damage to your floor.
Enjoy fast service on your repair
Your technician will get right to work diagnosing your heat pump issue and giving you a fixed-price quote for work. If a part needs to be replaced, your tech will show you the old part and make sure you're aware of the issues. Keep in mind, our technicians aren't paid by commission. So we'll never try to up-sell you on a new system or replacement part if you don't need it.
Fill out our follow-up survey
Once your repair has been completed, we'll send you a survey and ask that you provide feedback about your experience. We want to ensure that you were happy with the service we provided (and know how we can improve in the future).
Wow. Same-day service in June in Tucson just DOES NOT HAPPEN!
“Wow. Same day service in June in Tucson just DOES NOT HAPPEN! From Betty who answered the call to Darrell and Zack - the techs who came out- everything was professional and friendly! They explained everything in layman's terms and even had the part on the truck!!! On a day that is rapidly approaching 108 as I write this, I can't say enough how impressed I am. Amazing! Do not hesitate to use Advantage Air!”—Mel M. | Tucson Homeowner
Serving Tucson and all surrounding communities and neighborhoods:
- Casas Adobes
- Catalina Foothills
- Corona de Tucson
- Dove Mountain
- El Encanto
- Forty Niner Country Club
- Gladden Farms
- Green Valley
- La Cebadilla Estates
- La Paloma
- Mesquite Ranch
- Midvale Park
- Oro Valley
- Rancho Vistoso
- Rita Ranch
- Sam Hughes
- South Tucson
- Three Points
- Tucson Country Club
- Ventana Canyon
- And more!